Highlights from the BioDrug Conference 2023: Recent Advances in Structural Biology and Drug Discovery
From September 18th to 19th, the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (LIOS) hosted the BioDrug conference, dedicated to recent advances in structural biology and drug discovery. The event took place in Riga and brought together 12 distinguished speakers and over 90 participants.
The scientific program featured prominent researchers in the field of biotechnologies, including:
- Francesco Calzaferri (Institut des Biomolécules Max Mousseron – CNRS – France)
- Isabel Uson Finkenzeller (ICREA at IBMB CSIC, Barcelona - Spain)
- Alfonso T. Garcia-Sosa (University of Tartu – Estonia)
- Alfonso Gautieri (Politecnico di Milano – Italy)
- Silvia Giordani (Dublin City University – Ireland)
- Eléna Ishow (University of Nantes – France)
- Piermichele Kobauri (Aqemia – France)
- Galyna Maleeva (Institute of Bioengineering of Catalonia IBEC – Spain)
- Carlo Matera (University of Milan – Italy)
- Marco Mazzorana (Diamond Light Source – Oxford – United Kingdom)
- Rob Meyers (Institute for Protein Innovation – Boston – USA)
- Luca Pellegrini (University of Cambridge – United Kingdom)
Additionally, the conference organizing committee, consisting of Dr. Emilio Parisini (chair), Prof. Aigars Jirgensons, and Dr. Rossella Castagna, provided an opportunity for authors of the best poster abstracts to present their work briefly in 10 10-minute short talks. This opportunity was extended to Nikhil Agrawal (LIOS), Kristīne Krūkle-Bērziņa (LIOS), Pilar M. Luque Navarro (University of Granada), and Karlis Pleiko (University of Latvia).
The best poster prizes, sponsored by the open access journal MDPI, were awarded to outstanding PhD students Vladislavs Baškevičs (LIOS), Alessio Perazzoli (Politecnico di Milano) and Shapla Bhattacharya (LIOS).
For further details, you can access the BioDrug Conference Abstract Book here.
The conference program is available here.